Restaurant Manager, Ex-Smoker, Wanna-be Fitness Instructor

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Spinning again, Oh it's that time of year again... The Holidays

It sucks being in the restaurant business at the holidays.  Everyone else is off, having a good time, and you have the task of trying to fit everything in with what you want to do.  Somethings always suffers, and this year it was my family.

It also doesn't help when you are a new spinning instructor at the gym still trying to learn and teach, an a instructor leaves, especially a very good instructor, and they ask you to teach the 6:15 am class twice in a week.  Pardon my french, but people that go to a 6:15 am spin class, are hard core.  Been there, done that.  LOL

Probably one of the reasons I did OK, was that Patti tried to get me to teach for her a week after I got trained, and I couldn't because of my work schedule, also told her that I was a bit scared to fill her shoes.  She told me that one day I would have to.

Guess I like strong people, probably why she is no longer at the YMCA.  

Don't know why she left.  Just thankful she helped me along my journey.

Jeff




No comments: